STEVE DRUMMER, P.E.
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
University of Tennessee
B.S., Civil Engineering
Professional Engineer: Tenn., Ky., and Va. TDEC Level I and Level II EPSC Certification
Drummer has 34 years of diverse experience in municipal engineering, site development, transportation, drainage design, and construction. He has completed innovative designs and managed numerous construction projects as a consultant. While serving as a city engineer for the cities of Bristol, Va. and Maryville, Tenn., he has managed capital improvement programs and served as program administrator for Bristol’s MS4 program.
Drummer served as the administrator for the city of Bristol, Va.’s MS4 program. He was responsible for enforcing the requirements of the program and reporting compliance to the Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation.
Lead Design Engineer, Fall Creek/ETVID Drainageway Stabilization Project, Morristown, Tenn. (2012-2013)
Severe erosion at two major drainageways serving the ETVID industrial park was posing a threat to the integrity of existing sanitary sewers in some areas. Drummer developed the design plans for the construction of the new drainage system based on the modeling and analysis performed by LDA Engineering.
The Jackson Street drainage project involved construction of a concrete storm drain and overflow channel adjacent to an active railroad. Severe erosion of the pre-existing railroad ditch caused undermining of an adjacent sanitary sewer. Additionally, the instability of the deep erosion feature threatens the stability of the slope adjacent to a city parking lot. Drummer developed the construction design plans for the storm drain project proposed to stabilize the slopes as well as provide proper storm draining.
Lead Design Engineer, City of Morristown Stormwater Capital Improvements Program, Morristown, Tenn. (2012-2013)
The city of Morristown selected LDA Engineering to serve as the lead consultant/designer to manage the planning and design of the Stormwater CIP. The program consists of high-priority projects throughout the city, consisting of the full range of stormwater infrastructure planning, analysis and design, as well as bid-phase and contract administration and construction observation services. Drummer serves as lead design engineer for this program. He directs the LDA Engineering technical staff and interfaces directly with the city engineer and other city staff.
Project Manager/Lead Design Engineer, Arrowhead Drainage Improvements, Knox County, Tenn. (2008-2009)
Drummer was the project manager responsible for the design of improvements to stormwater drainage in Arrowhead subdivision. The 1960’s era subdivision experienced numerous flooding issues due to development in upstream watersheds and inadequate infrastructure within the subdivision.
- University of Tennessee Student Health Clinic, Knoxville Campus (LEED Project)
- Reese Museum, East TN State University, Johnson City, TN
- UT Biotech Greenhouse (LEED Project)
- Webb School of Knoxville, New Science Building
- Putnam County, TN New South Pre K-8 School
- Lee Highway Widening – Bristol, VA
- Exit 5 Modification and Widening of US11- Bristol, VA
- State Route 1 – Grainger County, TN (TDOT)
- Lovell Spallation Neutron Source Access – ORNL Oak Ridge, TN
- Road/I-40 Interchange Knox County, TN (TDOT)
- Kingston Pike and Northshore Road Roundabout – Knox County, TN (TDOT)
- Clinton Riverwalk – Clinton, TN
- City of Maryville Streetscape – Maryville, TN
- Knoxville Convention Center and World’s Fair Park (Knoxville, TN)
- Pistol Creek Greenway Trail – Maryville, TN
- Gatlinburg Riverwalk – Gatlinburg, TN