SCOTT KIBBY, PE
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
B.S., Civil Engineering
University of Tennessee
Professional Engineer: Tennessee
MS Visual Basic
MS Office Suite
AutoCAD Civil 3D
Scott is a results-focused leader with a track record of success overseeing all phases of multimillion-dollar construction and infrastructure projects from pre-construction bidding to close-out. He provides proactive management of construction, team members results, and rapid resolutions to issues. He has a demonstrated ability to catalyze lucrative results, while complying with budget and time constraints. His core competencies include budgeting, cost controls, stakeholder communication, process improvement, project scheduling, onsite QA & QC, project plans and documentation, cross-functional team supervision, and client relationship management.
CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE LEAD, CLEAN WATER NASHVILLE OVERFLOW ABATEMENT PROGRAM, NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE (2015-2018)
Scott develops, maintains, and executes schedules for multi-million-dollar projects. He proposed schedule improvement based on actual or potential impact of changes and work performance. Scott also produces project-specific staffing budget, and is tasked with document management, cost control, contract change management, and reporting.
- Cut average cumulative contract extension by 75%
- Created Request for Change (RFC) process to allow client to obtain quotes for contract changes, lowering average resolution time for extension negotiation from 60 days to 20 days.
- Performed time-impact analysis on all claims for time and proposed recommendations
- Steered monthly project progress meetings with Program Managers to coordinate the release of funding for future projects.
SITE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER, CLEAN WATER NASHVILLE OVERFLOW ABATEMENT PROGRAM, NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE (2013-2015)
Scott orchestrated site supervision and field engineering on a range of sewer rehabilitation and new conveyance projects with budget up to $5M by leading a team of 4 project representatives. He worked closely with key stakeholders to ensure objectives of the project work plan were met or exceeded.
- Completed projects 22% under budget on average
- Negotiated and acquired easement right-of-entry with Project Manager.
- Acquired ADA funding to improve project area sidewalks and crosswalks.
SITE REPRESENTATIVE, BOWLING GREEN MUNICIPAL UTILITIES WWTP RENOVATION & EXPANSION, BOWLING GREEN, KENTUCKY (2011-2013)
Scott monitored progress and standards of construction projects according to the designs and specifications. In addition, he performed inspections and tests in accordance with contract documents, and reviewed and verified contractor’s pay applications to maintain accuracy and integrity of recommended monthly progress payment applications to clients.
PAVEMENT PROGRAM MANAGER, KUB PACE-10 WASTEWATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS PROGRAM, KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE (2007-2011)
Scott provided technical leadership for the Knoxville Utilities Board (KUB) Program. He interfaced with client to gather, analyze, and translate project requirements into actionable solutions and strategies. In addition, Scott guided all asphalt laboratory testing and final overlay paving contracts as part of KUB’s $1M annual budget.
- Implemented the roadway repair tracking systems, resulting in reduced repair road construction time from 60 days to 14 days.
- Lowered total number of roadway complaints by 80%.
- Coordinated monthly meetings across all key stakeholders.
On this project, Scott monitored progress and standards of construction projects according to the designs and specifications. He performed inspections and tests in accordance with contract documents. As well as reviewed and verified contractor’s pay applications to maintain accuracy and integrity of recommended monthly progress payment applications to clients.